If you’re going out of the country or simply trying to message someone from another country, an international texting app is such a handy tool.
With a messaging app, you only need the internet to contact someone. What’s good about it is that you don’t need to spend a ridiculous amount of prepaid load. You’re in Malaysia and want to talk to someone in Australia? Just find a reliable WiFi connection and you’re good to go.
There’s also a wide array of texting apps to choose from. Tech companies are continuously pumping out different texting and calling apps in the digital market, finding ways to perfectly match their apps to our needs.
Now, among these international texting apps, we’re recommending you 5 best texting apps to try out.
Starting this list is the classic favorite, Skype. With this international texting app, you can send someone an instant message, voice or video call to anyone around the world– all for free.
- Video Calls – Talk to your friends and family, face to face.
- Voice Calls – Want to talk to someone but is too awkward for video calls? Go for voice calls.
- Chat – Send messages instantly and create group chats for plans.
- SMS Connect – You can still use Skype even if you’re using a laptop or PC.
- Share photos and videos – Share photos and videos to your loved ones. You save shared photos and videos.
EyesUP is one of the freshest social media apps in the digital market. Aside from being able to send messages and make calls around the globe, this app also serves as a photo sharing app. You can upload photos and videos and interact with other users.
- Send Free Instant Messages – Send instant messages in any form.
- Audio and Video Calls – Connect with your friends through direct call and easily switch to video calls if you want to.
- Group Chat – Whether you’re planning for an actual trip or a trip down memory lane, plan it out with EyesUP’s group chat. With this feature, you can add up to 50 members.
- Present in Style – With EyesUP’s Grid layout, present your adventure in style. You can also add up to 6 profile photos, and give a brief description of yourself in the bio section.
Staying in touch has never been easier with Viber. It’s an international texting app that provides secure messaging and calling. Same with all the other apps on the list, this app is free of charge as you’ll only need a stable internet connection to use this.
- Send Free message- whether it’s a text, photo, video or sticker, Viber gets you covered.
- Make Free Audio and Video Calls – Make and receive high-quality calls.
- Express yourself with GIFs and Stickers – Looking for a way to level up your messages? Choose from about 35,000 stickers.
- Secret Chats – Be secured with your private messages, thanks to Viber’s self-destruct feature.
- Spice up Conversations with Chat Extensions – Try out the app’s chat extensions including easy access to your favorite links, GIFs and videos, Yelp, YouTube, Booking, Spotify and more.
WhatsApp Messenger is a free international texting app that provides free calling and messaging services to its users. You’ll only need a reliable connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to get its benefits.
- Free Messages – Send messages without any charge.
- Share multimedia content – If you want to share something that is not just possible with plain texts.
- Group Chat – Start a group chat with your family and friends.
- Always Logged in – Once you’re logged in the app, you won’t be logged out at all. This will ensure that you’ll get timely notifications about your messages.
Looking for a texting app that provides high-quality calls for reasonable prices? Then definitely try Rebtel.
- Get high-quality calls for lower prices.
- No more ridiculous charges when talking to someone abroad. Connect over 3G/4G, Wi-Fi, or local phone lines—you decide.
- Call any kind of phone, from smartphones to landlines, anywhere in the world
- Invite friends and earn calling minutes
And that’s our top 5 chat apps for Android and IOS. Which of these apps are you willing to try? Do share this up on your social channels.